Teaching:
Last week, I differentiated a lesson about classroom community. The EC/EL teachers viewed a video about classroom community, and the EL/MS and MS/HS teachers did some activities related to bullying. Today, they will each present to the other group their key learnings. I'm excited to see a) what they share and b) if this is an effective way to get the basics across to everyone with some specialization within authorization levels.
More Important Things:
Today my mind is really on my son. We'll call him "Boy" for the purpose of this blog (and "Girl" for my daughter). Last night, Boy was very emotional--irrational, really. I shot hoops with him and gently probed to see if something was going on at school. He said that no, he was just hungry when we got home so that was why he was so emotional. However, today, Dad took him to school and he cried the entire way there and wouldn't say why. I really just want to go pick him up at school and see what is going on. I emailed his teacher for a heads up--I'm sure she will let me know if he has a major meltdown. However, he holds things together really well at school and falls apart at home. My heart hurts to know he is suffering today, but I know I can probably wait and talk with him after school--six hours from now. Big sigh. It hurts when your children hurt . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment